Government House is an old colonial building in the Baroque style, made of carved stone and wood. The first and ground floors were built during the time of the first French rulers of the island in 1738. The house was the place of official activities of the governor, as well as his daily receptions. The second floor of the building was built by the last French governor. Tourists are allowed to enjoy the magnificent architecture only from the outside, without the right to visit the interior. But around the Government House there are beautiful gardens, decorated with exquisite sculptures made of marble. They are installed in honor of two great Englishmen - Queen Victoria and William Stevenson, who was governor of the island for six year.